Saturday, September 13, 2008

Today my blog is about blogging. I have now been blogging for about a year and a half, since Monique invited me to hers. I had started a very dodgy one a few years before, but had quickly abandoned it. Partly because it was whiny and pathetic, and partly because I had no loyal readers, and therefore no encouragement to keep on!



Now of course I find myself part of a great little Nyngan (and Nyngan ex-pat) blogging community, and I love it. We all get busy sometimes, and find it hard to post, and sometimes the posts are just about the kids. Sometimes they are entertaining, and sometimes they are written with emotion in times of anger, frustration or sadness, when we need some support from people who we know are out there for us. I have friends not from here who also have blogs and who don't seem as active in their posting. I am sure it is because they have no one requesting an "update please"!



Abigail's Mice and Wildlife stories of this past week, gave us all a chuckle, and got some really good story telling flowing from everyone. It is times like this when we are all obviously enjoying our blogging friends, and the little outlet that we have in our own blogs, that I see the true worth of the blog. I do enjoy the little invitation into all of your lives, and I like you all sharing part of mine, and some of you are very funny ladies with great stories to tell.

Abigail, I think that you need to convince style magazine to give you a regular column, on amusing stories of everyday farm/family life. It could become like that long running women's weekly column, what was is ? The Middleton's? With Ruff red and co! I can see a little money spinner there fore you, with legions of fans in no time waiting to hear the goings on at Merryanbone north!

5 comments:

Kyla said...

Yes, yes & yes. I agree with everything you just said. The important thing about our blogs are that they are an avenue for us to express ourselves in our own style. And Abigail's wildlife stories are hilarious!!

Neek said...

I agree totally too! They are a reflection of the person who writes them !!!

Abigail - you need to re-instate your weekly column in the Land too - I really enjoyed reading that well before I met yoU!! :)

Anonymous said...

Me thinks you have the Middletons and Red Ruff at a cross purpose but oh how I agree with you re Abigal, you are spot on. Carol.

Sarah said...

I expect to see some "reno" pics on your next post. For those of you not in the loop with the Donnelly Family makeover, stay tuned!!

Nicole said...

You are right of course Carol, the Middleton's is the little fictional serial isn'tit. What is Red Ruff's mother's name/colum? Who knows. ut it seems everyone agrees that Abigail needs to find herslef another column somewhere!

mmm, Sarah, reno photos may take a while.still sorting, and trying ot to ring so much clutter back in from the verandah! I just need a full day at home and that doesn't look like happening until Sunday!