Wednesday, July 2, 2008

hmmmm.......

Well yes, I hear you. Updates. I know.
Needless to say, over the last few weeks there have been quite a few things that I have wanted to blog about, not the least being my wonderful boys and their wonderful sports carnival performances, but I have been busy, busy, busy. I even had one post completely composed in my mind, on one of my many drives between here and Dubbo, and would it surprise you to know that it started with me singing "ever had one of those days?". You know, Elvis Presley, G.I. Blues? "Did you ever, you ever have, you ever have one of those, you ever have one of those days???" Don't forget to sing it, go on, I know that you know it, I know that you want to, I know that it is now stuck in your heads, just like it has been in mine for the last week.

Did I ever say that I am an Elvis Presley fan? Not a mad, velvet painting in the lounge room type, just the ordinary love his voice type. And I happen to think that his recent hit , A Little Less Conversation", is indeed a great song. (And yes I do believe that he recorded it out the back of the fish and chip shop in Hamilton where he is alive and well and working over a hot deep fryer).

Anyway, such was the song that was going through my head one day last week as I contemplated the work, travel, soccer, dancing, oval canteen duty etc, that was my week. Trevor was sowing through this whole time (and still is) and I am meant to be cleaning my VERY messy house in time for guests this weekend. The urge to blog when I was feeling so frazzled simply wasn't there. Iam looking forward to the holidays, when Trevor will be finished sowing, I will only work a couple of days, the kids have nothing on except an ENT review in Orange, and.... we are off to Armidale the second week for my grandmother's 80th birthday. Now, I had best get back to cleaning and deciding what I am going to wear to the Duck Creek Races. Thank you for making me feel missed. Have a great school hols everyone!

10 comments:

Amie said...

Hi Nic, I too have a thing for Elvis I wish I was one of those girls jumping up and down screaming at his concerts he was so HOT!!!!

I can't wait for the school holidays as well.... I might see you at the races :o)

Kyla said...

I usually compose mine when I'm washing up, then go to post it & it's gone......
Never been a big Elvis fan, probably because I was forced to watch all those Saturday reruns as a kid, but I do like "A little less conversation". A cool song.
Have a good school holidays. We are going to see Alladin at the Laycock Theatre next Friday.

The Robb's said...

Thanks for the update & the reassurance that someone else's lofe is as hectic (& sometimes chaotic)as mine. Have a lovely time this weekend, ENJOY!!!!

Sarah said...

Welcome back busy mum, working woman, loving wife, dear friend and buggered house manager!

Would I be thinking we may enjoy a Ricccadonna on Saturday??

See you there!

Briony said...

Nice to read the update. Have fun at the races! I love going to races esp country meets. Spring is our busiest time here for race meets. It seems every second weekend is consumed by attending them!

Leah-in-the-Kia said...

welcome back!

Nicole said...

I should always leave big gaps in posts, makes me feel so popular!
And yes Sarah I am sure that there may be one or two riccadonas or a champers to be had!

Have fun at Aladdin Kyla. Amie I can just see you as one of those screaming fans! Briony maybe we should all come your way for a race meeting in the spring! Leah I was coming back around to visit this arve after I cleaned the windscreen (bloody mud) but you had gone in side so I got shy!

HAve a great weekend/school hols everyone.

Leah-in-the-Kia said...

If the Kia is in the driveway, Leah in the Kia is home............come on in anytime!!!!!!

Neek said...

YAY Nic......beginning to think your computer had blown up!!! :) Now if I could get this many ppl to leave a msg on my blog... LOL

Leah - I may have to start looking for the Kia too! Now we don't catch up at dancing as much.....hmmmm

NOW . . . . I will admit I am a HUGE Elvis fan! Loved all those Saturday Movies growing up - want to start collecting them even!!! :) mmmmmm Elvis......!!!

Have a good w/end & a good one at the Races!

The Robb's said...

Here is another comment to add to the growing list. It does tell you something - we miss seeing/talking/blogging from you. (Or some of us have a pathetic existance that we love to check out what our friends are doing).
Chat soon.